Thursday, June 23, 2011

GREAT to be at the lake!

 We went to Alabama this past weekend for Kyle's grandmother's 90th birthday.  All of her great grandchildren (she has 7 and 1 on the way) call her Great and I hope I look as good as she does when I am 90!  She is such a wonderful lady that I have learned so much about.  She exemplifies hospitality and love and spends so much time praying for her family.  She is an excellent role model and I am so lucky I joined the Armstrong family and got to know this incredible lady.
Happy Birthday Great!!!

It was a whirlwind of a weekend but we sure fit in a ton!!!!  And we were so sad to go home but we are already looking forward to going back in a few weeks.
Boys digging as usual

Drakey in the fort that Pop made

D swimming....a constant for him at the lake.  He jumps into the water as soon as we get there whether it is 1pm or 1am, he runs straight for the lake and pretty much doesn't get out until we leave

The boys went fishing a bunch this time.  They really seem to enjoy it and Kyle even caught a fish this time!

Lots of floating...and when they do it drives Divot crazy!  He circles around them like a life guard every time.

So, Hunter takes advantage of D being in the water and rides him back in to shore

D jumping off the pier for his ball.  I love this picture and will always think of Divot when I am at the lake


My boys in the water













Taking a break inside and the only reason I have this picture on here is for well 2 reasons:
1.  If you will notice Hunter only has on underwear.  The child would go around naked, or in jammies or just undies for the rest of his life if I would let him.
2.  He was helping Drake write letters and Grammie said she could hear him say, "Excellent Drake!" after he would write  a letter.  I have to document that because as much as they fight and wrestle, they really do love each other and love to be together.  Don't get me wrong, they still have their moments, but I am seeing more and more of how they love each other and many more of the sweet moments.


Hunter and Pop flying the air plane from the fort.


And the skiing begins!  We took I think just short of about 500 pictures of just skiing so I tried to condense it to one of everyone.  We have been excited to when the boys were old enough to start getting to knee board, ski, whatever!  And I think they are going to love it just like Kyle did!






















Pop took us for ice cream after we all skied, which of course made Drake a very happy boy



No one will ever love the lake like sweet D!!!

6 comments:

  1. Love all the pics! Hope to see yall in a few weeks at the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish we could have been there!!!!! It was so hard to miss it, but we were so swamped there was no way we could make it. I plan on seeing Great a lot once we move up there. I'm glad you guys had such a great weekend and I can't believe Pop actually got up on the board! Way to go!!! Can't wait to see you next month!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you got some GREAT pictures! Just when I thought "this one" is my favorite, there were more! Glad we got to see you briefly, see you again soon! Can't wait! You've got some great pictures to frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shots are GORGEOUS! The boys are so big! Is Hunter-man going to Kindergarten this year? Divot is loving it and the pictures show how happy he is at the lake. Glad y'all are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! Such sweet pics of your boys and the pups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pics!! I am so sorry about Hunter's brace though. And I think his camp should get major cool points for that awesome poster that they made him. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete